Banner 725x90

October 31, 2010

Israeli mob attacks Palestinian


Ma’an - JERUSALEM – A mob of Israelis attacked a Jerusalem man late Thursday, his family and a purported witness said.

Farid Tubasi, 28, was hospitalized at the intensive care unit of Hadassah Medical Center after he sustained serious wounds and bruises at the hands of a mob of "extremist" Israelis, Abed Tubasi, his brother, told the Jerusalem Center for Social and Economic Rights.

“They have beaten him on the head and the chest using sharp tools. He only wakes up for minutes then he passes out, and we still have no clear idea about the future side effects of his injury,” Tubasi said.

An Israeli witness, who owns a restaurant on Hillel street, where Tubasi was attacked, was quoted as saying, “I was on my way to my car when I found a young man lying on the ground near the garbage. At first glance I thought he was dead. I called police and an ambulance who arrived and evacuated the man.”

Hadassah did not immediately return calls and an email seeking comment.

Calls to an Israeli police spokesman went unanswered.

MOST POPULAR

Follow us on Twitter